[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-26

Thanks to Bruce and Colin for their earlier TP reports, and I'mÂhappy that theyÂboth were able to enjoy this morning's enhanced conditions. WithÂmy late start at 1255 it was pretty obvious that the AsiansÂhad already made some serious noise across the band, and I felt like someoneÂshowing up late to a party that was already in full swing. Besides blowtorch-level signals from the Koreans on 972 and 1566 there were the usual NHK big guns on 594, 693, 747, 774 and 828 with potent audio in and out, along with weaker audio from a whole collection of less common AsiansÂon 603, 657, 738,Â936 and 1044. The 1053-Jammer had its co-channel TP along with it (probably JOAR), andÂthe high band was also full of activity, with 1323, 1377, 1503 and 1575 having fair signals in and out.

The wild band was full of activity, and just like Colin's comment about a live-DXing session at Rockwork 4, it was a question of where to get started. After tuning away from the blowtorch TP signals I concentrated on the low band second-tier Asians on 603, 657 and 738. 603 hadÂits first mix of HLSA and China this season around 1305 (bothÂat weak levels), while 657-Pyongyang wasÂhitting fair peaks with its KoreanÂmale tirade at 1308. 738-BEL2's female-voiced Chinese news was in and out of the San Francisco splatter at 1305, whileÂbrief checks of 972 and 1566 revealed almost nuclear-level energy from both HLCA and HLAZ. With 603-China's first appearance of the season I was hoping to get a good recording of it mixing with HLSA but it never really cooperated, and the other low-band Asian targets on 657 and 738 didn'tÂbuild up much steam, either. The middle and high band featured quite a few weak-level Asians on 936, 963, 1044, 1134, 1143, 1287, 1323, 1377Âand other frequencies, while 1575-VOA reached good levels in and out with its male-female Asiatic language speech around 1315. There was a huge contrast in the signal levels of 972 and 1566 and everything else, and I made a couple of recordings of these two blowtorches just to remember the situation. 1134 seemed to have a mix ofÂKBS and JOQR late on around 1345, while 603-HLSAÂmade somewhat of a rally around 1350 (without its Chinese co-channel) to hit good peaks at times. 972-HLCAÂmaintained its blowtorch level right up until 1359Â(when it collapsed for the TOH), while 594-JOAK and 693-JOAB did stick around for a few minutes after that. Overall it was an outstanding session for TP variety,Âalthough once again the really potent signals were all from the Japanese and Korean big guns.

972Â HLCAÂÂ Dangjin, S. KoreaÂÂ S9+ female pop music testing the crunch resistance of my Ultralight radio at 1357-- best Asian signal of the session
https://app.box.com/s/60h3hh9lptugth96awrlnk912jzftunk ÂÂ

1566Â HLAZÂÂ Jeju, S. KoreaÂÂ S9 Choral music during Japanese program at 1340
https://app.box.com/s/64vn4gk2pf9ieh5aeho6frobo9a7vgxq ÂÂ

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna

ÂÂÂÂ