Re: [IRCA] September 14 - TP/DU - Victoria B.C. (531 kHz)

Hi Tony,

<<<ÂÂ Was 531 -PI the station that moved from a Manukau antenna location to Â(temporarily?) join the co-phased collection of stations at the Henderson site?ÂÂ >>>

Actually, Tony,ÂTheo D. originally gave us the full details on the Auckland/ Henderson antenna work going on around April, which temporarily shut down all of the Auckland MW broadcasters. Theo is apparently on another transoceanic cruise at this time (according to the September NZRDXL's DX Times, where Theo is the Mailbag editor, and I'm a member),Âbut this message was received from him last winter:

<<<ÂÂ This means all AKL AM'ers will be on two masts., which must be a record of sorts for multi-plexing.
The location is actually two separate single-mast sites on either side of the Northwestern Motorway:

< https://www.google.ca/maps/@-36.8474404,174.6320034,895m/data=!3m1!1e3 >ÂÂ >>>

As far as the transoceanic signal results of the Auckland antenna shuffle, 531-PI's signal has taken a drastic nosedive, 603-Waatea sounds about the same, 702-Magic sounds about as strong as 702-Radio Live did last year, and 936-Chinese Voice's signal has improved dramatically.

As for antenna photos, Tony, anything you can take in NZ would be of interest here. I f not for the fact that our sonÂis approaching the age for college tuitionÂneeds Ruth and I would be greatly tempted to join you andÂJanetÂin "Paradise" next year :-)

73,ÂGaryÂDeBock
(improving my Kiwi English skills by listening to 702-Magic's Live Stream)

ÂÂÂÂ