Re: [IRCA] CFCW 790 Camrose, Alberta, Canada Moving on August 1st

Yes, interesting and certainly not a smooth transition. All recorded
spectrally by the Perseus. Mainly an audio feedback issue somewhere, they
dropped the carrier several times during which the Washington station was
just audible, but we are still an hour or so away from sunset at the 8:40pm
MDT switchover. Anyway seems to be working well enough past 9pm.  They had
been on reduced power on 790 during the construction and their signal
measured -52 dbm before the switch and -42 dbm after the switch.  That
equates to a 1:10  ratio such as 5 kw vs 50 kw.  I am about 90 km north
(actually 5 deg) of the transmitter site while Chris is roughly the same
distance but at 330 deg.  At the time of switch they were the 5th strongest
signal here after 630 740 880 and 930.  A very tight spectrum roughly +- 8
khz with no splatter (not like 880!).

73 Don
VE6JY

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Chris Dorn <cdorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The frequency flip was interesting to listen to, and had some hiccups.
> Took them about 15 minutes to get everything sorted out. The new signal is
> very strong here.
>
> Chris VE6IY near Edmonton, AB
>
> On 01/08/2015 10:17 AM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
>
>> CFCW 790 Camrose, Alberta, Canada moves to 840khz at 8:40pm mountain time
>> tonight
>>
>> Paul Walker
>>
>> #flipto840cfcw
>>
>> On Tuesday, July 28, 2015, Paul B. Walker, Jr. <
>> walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> According to their facebook page, CFCW will make the move to 840khz with
>>> 50,000 watts on August 1st at 8:40pm live at the Big Valley Jamboree.
>>>
>>> An entry at http://www.broadcasting-history.ca makes no mention of a
>>> difference in pattern or power from what they have on 790 now.
>>>
>>> Paul

>> original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the
>> IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

[image: Company Logo]