Re: [IRCA] Western Superloop--Initial Trials

Depends on how good your coax is. If there's a lot of pickup in the coax, it's best to amplify at the antenna so you are just amplifying the desired signal. If the amp is inside the house, it amplifies both desired signal and coax pickup.
I've not had a problem with indoor preamps but I went to the trouble to verify there is very little signal in the coax when the antenna is disconnected.
Chuck