Re: [IRCA] DXing the Western US [ Grandpa, DON'T Tell Me About the Good Ole Days ]

Les, in the fall you should look for High School football. There was a list a few years ago, maybe on ABDX. Might have been Tim Hall who put it together. That list will give you some possible Friday night targets in the fall. I've heard a few of them.

Can't help much since I'm on the west coast and reception is different here. Know the station formats on all the frequencies and scan them nightly looking for something different that might be a station running day power at night. I hear a few new stations each year with this method. And watch the email lists for posts by others on stations running day power at night.

Martin Foltz
Mission Viejo CA