Re: [IRCA] DXing the Western US [ Grandpa, DON'T Tell Me About the Good Ole Days ]

I'm tied up this weekend but will be adding a couple replies to this thread. All I'll say now is to use modern tech for best results.

1) SDR to record the entire band (or a good chunk of it)

2) You want to receive to the west, so use an antenna system that nulls the east.

3) Wait for fall. Trying SSS to the west anytime in the summer prior to late Aug isn't likely to get you much difficult.

4) You don't need GeoClock, but have the sunset grid maps is certainly useful as they'll tell you the boundaries between the 15 minute sunset power switch times.

73 KAZ