[IRCA] AM DX…….4 NEW STNS on ELAD Recording for May/07/15!!

Hi Guys:

 I'm not getting through these recordings too quickly, but today I listened to the recordings I made at the TOH for early Morning/Sunrise on May/07th. And Boy…I'm glad I did as these recordings presented me with 4 New Stations….all from the East/Southeast of me and all of relative low power!! I'm not used to logging a lot of New Stations on AM BCB in the month of MAY!! It's not exactly primo DX Season for the BCB!! There is no way I would have ever logged these 4 New Stations if I had just been Band Cruising on one of my Regular Radios!! These 4 New Catches have to be 100 % accredited to the ELAD SDR and it's ability to capture the entire band when it is HOT!! I can hardly wait til the Conditions get really good next Fall and Winter!! I figure I'll be about 6 months behind on listening to recordings by then however……

Keep in Mind that I am using a LOUSY 100 Foot Random Wire Antenna that is Very NOISY!!

I have actually stopped making recordings on the BCB for a while til I get somewhat caught up on what I already have!! Plus I'm getting ready for the FM DX to crank up with Tropo and E-Skip. The ELAD also covers FM and does a Great Job on that Band too…so I am looking forward to recording some Big E-Skip and Tropo Openings……Experimenting with the ELAD I have discovered that it also records PI Codes and RDS Codes for the FM BAND…so that will really help too!

I need a DX Secretary………..To listen to the recordings…and let me know what I heard !! AHHAHHAHA……..

It ain't old fashioned "Knob Cranking DXing"…but it sure does hear a Lot of Stuff….even if you're sleeping or outside working in the yard!!

Here's what I logged on May/07th………

RECEIVER………………….ELAD FDM-S2 SDR

ANTENNA…………………100 Foot Longwire

73……………ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1470  WMMW  Meriden, CONNECTICUT   May/07/15  0500 EDT      EE     GOOD
Male DJ with ID @ 0500 EDT as "WDRC - The Talk of Connecticut and WDRC-FM 102.9-3 HD".
Into Talk.

(WMMW runs in // to WDRC 1360 Hartford)

NEW STN                                    2.5 KW
ROSS, ON.
1390  WEOK  Poughkeepsie, NEW YORK   May/07/15  0658 EDT   SPANISH    GOOD
Spanish Pop Music/Ballad @ 0658-59 EDT. Male DJ with SS Talk and ID @ 0659 EDT.
Mentioned "FIERRO" and "Hudson Valley" @ 0700 EDT.
Mixing with WNIO - Youngstown, OHIO.

NEW STN                            5 KW/106 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.
1440  WGLD  Manchester Township, PENNSYLVANIA  May/07/15  0659 EDT   EE     FAIR
Male with Ad and 1-800 Phone Number.  Male DJ with ID as "WGLD - Manchester Township and
WSOX-HD4 - Your Sports Leader ????". "CBS Sports Radio sung out. Into Sports Talk.

NEW STN                         730/53 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.
1480  WEEO  Shippensburg, PENNSYLVANIA  May/07/15  0659 EDT    EE   FAIR
Female with Classic Country Music @ 0659-0700 EDT. Male DJ gave ID @ 0700 as
"From the 75th Anniversary of ABC?? Studios - Country Gold FM - WIOO".
Into News @ 0700 EDT.

(WEEO runs in // to WIOO)

NEW STN                            410/9 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.
1220  WJUN  Mexico, PENNSYLVANIA    May/07/15  0659 EDT     EE      FAIR
Male with Local Weather Report @ 0659 EDT. ID as "That's your Forecast from Sports Radio -
1220 WJUN".
Mixing with Cleveland……..

RELOG…But not heard in a Long Time!!             1 KW/46 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.