Re: [IRCA] Shortwave Loop Question

Paul,

I have a Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ Loop that I really enjoy. It's mounted at about eight feet up, and I use a small TV rotor to rotate it from the shack. The antenna does a solid job of reducing noise from the neighbors, and can help to reduce the signal strength of closer stations, allowing weaker DX to be heard. It's built like a tank, lightweight, and easy to mount. I use it along with the Clifton Labs Active Whips as input into a phaser. Using both offers the best of both worlds for me.

The loop requires more "work" generally---so it's not as useful for casual DXing, like when I only have a few minutes after dinner. But for dedicated sessions, when I'm going after specific target stations, it's awesome.

Hope that helps! Best of DX to you!

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, Clifton Lab Active Whip,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector