Re: [IRCA] Clifton Labs Z10040A / B

I haven't used mine in that application Jim, tending to just bite the bullet and pay for the FLG-100 which does the job for those antennas right out of the box. Signal handling is good also. Really nice unit.

For the Clifton, you'd need a matching transformer to get the 50 ohms if you haven't already got one, and presumably you already have some way to run DC to the amplifier at the antenna. If you want to use the amplifier at the radio end of things, then you'll need to be more concerned about noise pickup on the feed line.

Hope that helps to focus things a bit. You probably won't easily get better signal handling than the Clifton amp, but the FLG100 is right up there, and easy to use.

best wishes,

Nick