Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1520 daytimer WTHE Long Island on tonight

I don't think WWKB beams much signal your direction likely protecting KOKC. It's also important to note what a difference antennas make. If I aim a DKAZ west or SW I won't know WWKB is on the air. If I aim ENE as now with the array, I don't know that KRHW and KOKC are on the air.

Bill is using a 140 ft x 20 ft DKAZ that can be switched to 280 deg or 100 deg. Aiming 100 deg from Madison and noting that side null for KRHW is about 10 dB down and even more towards KOKC those stations likely wouldn't overpower the channel. If KOLM MN was on, it is in the deep back null.

Of course not all of us can put large antennas outside. Noting that, if someone could come up with a rotatable indoor flag-type antenna with a cardioid pattern this could be a huge help to DXers who can't put wires outside but have reasonably low noise with an indoor figure 8 patterned loop (KIWA etc). Of course low noise environments indoors are rare nowadays.

73 KAZ