Re: [IRCA] Norway to end FM broadcasting by 2017

If this actually happens according to their timetable I'm sure it won't just be internet content delivery.

Remember DAB digital audio broadcasting.

In Europe the DAB implementation is different from IBOC which has been a non-starter here since it's establishment over a decade ago.

We don't know which way Norway will go. They could employ a system that the British use in the 220MHZ band or the system the Germans have in L band. Maybe the FM broadcast band will be re-purposed with an all digital platform.

It should be interesting to see if this all comes to pass in 2 years.

Dave Marthouse
dmarthouse@xxxxxxxxx