[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, March 27-Aril 2, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page33

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

UNIDENTIFIED. 860, March 27 at 0125 UT, Spanish talk from the SSW, and Spanish music from the SSE (or opposites, unlikely), during KKOW fade which is back up at 0126 UT. Plenty of Mexicans on 860, guess one is Monterrey, and there are three in Yucatán and Quintana Roo (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 970, March 27 at 0129, weak Spanish station from SW, fortunately close to the null against local adjacent 960 KGWA. ID as Radio Madera, automated timecheck for 6:29 by YL voice, mentions FM 96.1, back to music; 0132 next break another full ID mentions Chihuahua, 6:31 TC, more music; some CCI from an ABC station in English, NW/SE but mostly nullable; 0135 yet another break with ID, ads, gobierno del estado PSA; promo a show lunes a viernes 6 a 7 de la mañana; 0137 auto YL TC for 6:37; 0140 gone. No sign of XEJ Juárez which we have not heard for months and believed to be off the air.

Instead it is the other Chihuahuan on 970, as in Cantú: XESW, Radio Madera, La Mera Mera, +FM 96.5 [sic], Cd. Madera, 5000 watt daytimer. IRCA agrees, yet schedule as 14-05 UT.

Cantú also linx to station website http://www.radiomadera.com/
which acknowledges that it is on 96.1, not 96.5; and the 5-letter call for FM, XHESW is more like what I heard announced.

Where is Ciudad Madera (Wood City), anyway? It`s not in my Rand McNally; a larger atlas shows it in the remote west-central Chihuahua mountains, not far from the Sonora state line. And Cantú has this as the only radio station in the town, altho the website shows sibling outlets with corporate HQ in Chihuahua capital.

A strange thing on the schedule, auto-displaying for Friday already: among the programs with titles are four other blox labeled SIN PROG., apparently meaning ``without programming`` --- so do they axually take breaks off the air? Those are at 07:00-07:30, 09:00-13:30, 15:00-16:00, 16:30-21:00 local, which per the TCs heard is still MST = UT -7, to become MDT = UT -6 the first Sunday in April, like the rest of Mexico beyond the Border starting a quadriweek later than in El Norte.  No, a full-week program grid shows no such breaks:
http://www.radiomadera.com/portada.php?p=prog&a=programacion
Also linx to the cheesecake-prone state journal Vozenred.com

I`m wondering if Quintana Roo, since it alone last year switched to EST = UT -5 to be in step with tourists from eastern USA, will also switch to EDT = UT -4, better late than never, on April 5? Here`s a handy Mexico timezone map along with adjacent USA, showing current but not future situation, and linx to others:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-mexico12.php

Anyhow XHESW does have live streaming. And per Cantú, there is only one TV channel in Madera, relay Televisa-2 Canal de las Estrellas, XHMAC on channel 7 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1100, March 30 at 0515, I sit on this frequency for a while, as there is Mexican music without too much WTAM even tho I`m not nulling it, but instead some local noise source. There are SHVA (super-hype voice actor) exclamations between each tune, but difficult to copy. Try speaking in a normal tone of voice? No way! Finally at 0530 a peak allows me to make out a ``Radio Cañón, 90.1 FM`` ID, then a political for Partido Humanista; so it`s XETGO, Tlaltenango, Zacatecas, 30000/400 watts, really? It sounds like less than 30 kW, but more than 400 watts. I already heard it recently and also has been reported much further into El Norte. Seems to be the dominant XE on 1100 now among five or seven others listed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---