[IRCA] Last night at the radio - Cape Cod, MA - a few logs / recordings

--- Begin Message ---
The following are a few excerpts from a Perseus capture made EDT 10:28-10:32 p.m. / 23 MAR (UTC 0228-0232 / 24 MAR).

The Latin America dance party is continuing.  We've had a week of great DX so far in New England with more to hear than during the entire dreary NOV 2014 through FEB 2015.

COLOMBIA

Radio Colombia parallels on 680, 550, and 570 in succession with the same accordion + male vocal Colombian music.  680 is under WRKO, 550 is best (way over Rebelde and Venezuela), and 570 is clearly evident behind the Cuban Reloj powerhouse.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/hj-680_550_570_20150324_0230z.mp3

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

830 HIJB with clear ID in mix with pest WCRN.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/hijb-830_mix_wcrn_20150324_0231z.mp3

VENEZUELA

1000 R. Caribena with ID, somewhat challenged by all the IBOC spew about the channel.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/caribena-1000_20150324_0228z.mp3

1110 R. Carupano with ID slightly over jumble.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/yv-1110_20150324_0230z.mp3

PUERTO RICO

580 WKAQ owns the channel at night around here.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/wkaq-580_20150324_0228z.mp3

630 WUNO with NotiUno ID's bulldozing Progreso and whatever else is co-channel.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/wuno-630_20150324_0230z.mp3

CUBA - RADIO REBELDE NETWORK

530, mixed with R. Enciclopedia
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/rebelde+enciclopedia-530_20150324_0230z.mp3

560 slapping WGAN around
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-560_mix_wgan_20150324_0230z.mp3

620 huge
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-620_20150324_0230z.mp3

670 huge
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-670_20150324_0230z.mp3

710 massive, no trace of WOR, synchro-delay evident
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-710_20150324_0230z.mp3

770 local-like - where the heck is WABC?
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-770_20150324_0230z.mp3

CUBA - RADIO RELOJ NETWORK

790 two Reloj stations with delay, mixed WPRV
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/790_20150324_0230z.mp3

850 mixed with WEEI
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/weei+reloj-850_20150324_0231z.mp3

870 huge
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-870_20150324_0230z.mp3

950 good, little evidence of domestics
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-950_20150324_0231z.mp3

960 fair
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-960_20150324_0230z.mp3

980 over jumble
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/cuba-980_20150324_0230z.mp3

TO BE DETERMINED
Some may be submitted to RealDX.

540
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/540_20150324_0231z.mp3

550
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/550_20150324_0229z.mp3

740 slightly wobbly Angulo (Cuba) is dominant but there's another Latin there too.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/740_20150324_0230z.mp3

1020 unID mix Reloj in IBOC hash
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/1020_20150324_0231z.mp3

1140 - there is some kind of ID there but I nhaven't sussed it out yet.
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/1140_20150324_0229z.mp3

I haven't gone over my 8 p.m. / 0000 UTC capture yet.  Maybe there are other goodies in that.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION

South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA, USA (GC= 41.6931 N / 70.1912 W)

Receiver: Microtelecom Perseus

Antenna: cardioid-pattern SuperLoop: 10m by 11m (peak 165 deg., null 345 deg.).  See http://www.bamlog.com/superloop.htm for similar antenna.

--- End Message ---