[IRCA] Low cost transceiver separates stations a few HZ apart

--- Begin Message ---
$200 off ($789.95) thru 3/31. The narrowest selectivity is 50Hz. But the 70 dB IF notch filter can narrow this to almost nothing, according to an elderly ham on ndblist, who said it split apart 2 beacons assigned to same frequency, using his low noise verticals. It notches out carriers & tones including another beacon's code. Phil in Merced CA says it brings signals that weren't there out of the noise. He said it beat a transceiver with 30 Hz selectivity.

To me, this would seem much better than a unit that would stop working from the virus of the day, or the ISP having problems. And a loop placed near computer is all noise. I'd rather for now use loops & have radio away from computer as well.

The QST article measured MW sens at 13uv. It varies on LW as preamp doesn't work below 250 kHz but they said still good. Also QST used 500Hz for sensitivity as most rigs don't go narrower. But the sensitivity increases as selectivity is further narrowed, according to technical expert & great ndb DXer Steve Ratzlaff in OR.

This radio might have 100 controls (nearly every button has 2 functions) but think the Elad SDR has even more & would perhaps send me to an insane asylum trying to figure it out, along with computer malfunctions.
Lots of MW stations, domestic & foreign, are 20Hz-200 Hz off freq. Would be interesting to see what it could do with those. Best wishes, all! George S., MN

--- End Message ---