[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 16 March 2015

Last morning in Lamont before heading home, and another interesting one. Once again a mixture of TP and DU signals stretching right from 531 to 1701. The Asians seemed to peak early and were fading well before sunrise, but the DU signals did seem to benefit from an enhancement Today's audio:

531 unID Traces of music at 1258, 6 time pips at 1300. Traces of music again at 1313 but that was it.

594 JOAK, Japan Already in audio when I first got to the radio at 1221. It reached a fair level by 1245, but rather like yesterday pretty much stalled there and gradually faded, with no enhancement near sunrise.

693 JOAB, Japan Woman in Japanese at 1245. Fair signal, but seemed to have more splatter from 690 today.

774    JOUB, Japan      Poor-fair at 1251 with man and woman conversing.

828    JOBB, Japan      Poor, with man talking in Japanese at 1229..

1116 4BC, Brisbane, Australia Male host talking at 1258, // web stream.

1422 3XY, Melbourne, Australia (tent) First noted audio traces at 1318, not English, so was thinking Japan, but when It got a bit louder I realized it wasn't Japanese either. Leaving it as tentative at the moment, until I get someone to confirm language as Greek, but about 90% sure.

1566 HLAZ, Korea Did a bit better than yesterday, with fair audio by 1234, with short spells of good.

1593 Rete Italia, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA Fair signal for several minutes around 1325, with rock song, then pips at the bottom of the hour. Confirmed against web stream.

1701.02 unID, AUSTRALIA No Brisvaani this morning, but this one instead, about 50 Hz lower, with Arabic sounding music at 1315.

Less carriers than yesterday, with the low band not doing as well. Strongest carriers that didn't make audio:

891,1107, 1548, 1611    (I'd suspect all to be of DU origin)

73,

Nigel Pimblett
currently in Lamont, AB