[IRCA] ULR DX…TWILIGHT ZONE Logging for Station # 1100 Heard on ULR??????

Hi Guys:

  Well last night was another good night for Stations to the SOUTH of me. I also heard Station # 1099 and # 1100 for the ULTRALIGHT LOG…..I think!!?? I know I heard # 1099 for sure…but # 1100 has left me Totally Baffled and feeling like I am in the Twilight Zone!!

At 0330 EST last night I had a SPANISH STATION taking out WLW on 700 Khz. They were playing mainly Spanish Ballads/Vocals with some Upbeat SS Music with Tubas/Accordions leading me at times to think I had a Mexican Station. However I heard 2 Distinct IDs…Clear as a Bell…One @ 0335 EST and One @ 0341 EST for "RADIO SUTATENZA".  There is NO Doubt in my mind that is what the Male Announcer said!! (No, I don't have it Recorded as I don't run a Voice Recorder on the ULR Radios…….actually I don't even have a Recorder!!)

All that said, this looks like it should be pretty straight forward…..RADIO SUTATENZA is a COLOMBIAN STATION located in the city of Cali, COLOMBIA on 700 Khz. It runs 120 KW…so it should be able to make the trip up to CANADA in good conditions. As a matter of fact, I have logged it several times back in the 1980's…when things were a lot better on the Bands!!

Only problem is………Radio Sutatenza went OFF THE AIR sometime around 1990 I believe, and was taken over by the National Network in Colombia….at least that's what I am lead to believe after trying to dig something up on the internet. I found some fairly recent loggings of HJCX (Radio Sutatenza's Old Call Letters) …but they were for a Station IDing as "RADIO W"….but with the same HJCX Calls. I presume this is the New Station that took over Radio Sutatenza's spot on 700 Khz.

So why am I hearing IDs for RADIO SUTATENZA??? Has it been recently activated??? Or….could the New Colombian Station be running OLD SUTATENZA PROGRAMS?? Or is there another Station using that ID on 700 Khz now?? I was not able to come up with much on the Internet to substantiate any of these possibilities??

So what I am left with is a Logging of a Station with definite RADIO SUTATENZA IDs…but I have no idea exactly where, who, how or why??? This Station was in for 1/2 Hour…sometimes at VG Levels, other times Fading completely out. Of course on the Hour @ 0400 EST is when it decided to Exit the Stage completely…so I wasn't able to get the Legal ID and any announcements on the hour!

So….I'll run this by everyone and see what kind of Information can be gleaned from anyone who may have also heard this Station before, or knows more about it than I have been able to find??!!

I would appreciate others tuning to 700 Khz when conditions are good to the SOUTH to see if you can also hear what I heard……maybe this can be solved, whether it's HJCX Colombia…or someone else. If it does turn out to be HJCX..It is ULR # 1100 Heard!

ULR Station # 1099 was 540 WASG - Daphne, ALABAMA. I tried in Vain 2 Nights ago to Positively ID that station, suspecting it was the Black Gospel Station I was hearing during the Auroral Conditions…..last night I finally nailed it for the New Station! Glad I stayed with it……..

So..Let me know what you think or know about my RADIO SUTATENZA LOG…..I'm all ears!!

RADIO USED……………………SONY SRF-T615 Ultralight BAREFOOT.

73……….ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

700 RADIO SUTATENZA  HJCX  Cali, COLOMBIA (Presumed)   Mar/05/15 0331 EST  SS   FR-VG
Spanish Ballad at 0331-0335 EST Tune In. Completely taking out WLW - Cincinnati.
Male Announcer with Spanish Talk @ 0335 EST and gave clear ID as "RADIO SUTATENZA".
Also gave some Phone Numbers after the ID @ 0336 EST. Into a Lively Mexican Flavoured
Song with Tubas and Accordions til 0341 EST. Another Clear ID as "RADIO SUTATENZA" @ 0341 EST.
Male Announcer spoke SS til 0343 EST. More Vocals/Ballads at 0343-47 and 0347-51 EST.
More Spanish Ballad music 0351-56 EST. Male announcer spoke SS @ 0356-57 EST.
Spanish Ballad from 0357-0400 EST……Faded under WLW and GONE!! No on the hour ID heard!

Let's play "Stump the Band" on this one….

RELOG for Overall Log if them???    ULR # 1100 Heard if them??      120,000 Watts??
ROSS, ON.
540  WASG  Daphne, ALABAMA   Mar/05/15   0240 EST      EE     FAIR
Black Gospel music @ 0240-0245 EST. More Gospel Music @ 0245-49 and 0249-51 EST.
It was strong enough that I was finally able to // it to the WASG Live Webfeed!! (Couldn't get the Webfeed
to work 2 Nights ago!!). More Gospel Music @ 0251-0254. ID by Male DJ @ 0254 EST as "Powered by
Musical Soul Food dot com". "AM 540 WASG" ID @ 0256 EST.  PSA for "Watching out for School Buses".
More Gospel Music @ 0258 EST.

NEW STN                   ULR # 1099 Heard              2.5 KW/19 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.
1180  WSQR  Sycamore, ILLINOIS  Mar/04/15   1907 EST     EE       FAIR
Oldies Music @ 1907-10 EST. Male DJ gave ID @ 1910 as "FM93.5 and AM 1180". More Oldies -
Song called "I will survive" @ 1910-13 EST.

RELOG                                  900 Watts/ 1 Watt Nights
ROSS, ON.
1380  WKJV  Asheville, NORTH CAROLINA   Mar/04/15  1800 EST   EE      FAIR
ID heard @ 1800 EST as "This is WKJV Asheville, North Carolina and WGCR Black Mountain,
North Carolina". (WGCR is licensed to Pisgah Forest, NC) Male DJ with Local Weather Report @
1800 EST. Into Southern Gospel Music.

RELOG                        25 KW/1 KW Nights
ROSS, ON.
1580  WVKO  Columbus, OHIO   Mar/04/15    1746 EST     EE     GOOD
Black Gospel Music @ 1746-50 EST. ID as "WVKO - The Voice of ????" @ 1750 EST.
More Black Gospel Music 1750-54 EST.

RELOG                    3.2 KW/290 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.