Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Recording TOH ID's using Elad Software

Les,

I also have recently purchased one of these SDR receivers.

I successfully have mine setup for TOH recordings across the whole broadcast band.
I am still experimenting with different settings, but I seem to be happy with the file size set at 2048mb and set to 1 file
For the recording schedule, I started with this recording configuration:

I start recording 2 minutes before the TOH 00:58, then finishing at 5 minutes past the hour, I found the file size very large.
I then tried recording from 00:58 to 00:03, so 5 minutes, still a large file but enough to look at every frequency in the AM band for TOH.
Yes, unfortunately the scheduler needs to be changed daily if you are going to record daily. A tip when changing the date if you go the daily route, change the date on the ending first then the beginning on each row. If you start with the beginning date then tab to the ending date, the time you have set changes, so work backwards.
Also, how I set mine up is change the CW to AM, then the LO frequency, I set to 1120.000 kHz and the tuned frequency to 540.000 kHz. This will give you the whole AM band and when you begin reviewing your files, it will start at 540khz, this is my method and approach.

Noise was really bad from the start, after turning off items in the radio room, I found it was the cable/Internet modem, so when I record overnight, this modem is turned off, but I still have some noise showing up on the recordings on some frequencies from the SDR, not too sure how to eliminate this, on shortwave frequencies the noise is really bad.

Just my 2 cents Les!

James Niven
Austin, Texas