[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 1-22

Hello All,

Thanks to Dennis for his lengthy TP-DXing report from Kalama.

As luck would have it, I was unable to chase Asian DX this morning because ofÂappointments at 1530 and 1545 UTC. Before leaving the house, however, I noticed that conditions were fairly good around 1430, so I set up the 15" FSL antenna, CC Skywave Ultralight and MP3 recorder in the back yard, tuned to 1566 kHz (which I thought had the best chance of strong TP reception). At the MP3 recorder's 1509 start time 1566-HLAZ had a fair signal in and out, as did 1575-VOA and 1593-CNR1. While I was gone there was no chance to check out TP-DX on the low and middle bands, but 1566-HLAZ came through with good signals off and on from 1515-1550 with its Chinese Christian service. As for all the other DX that I missed, well, tomorrow is another day :-)

1566Â HLAZÂ Jeju, S. KoreaÂÂ Good strength Chinese Christian music in and out at 1538
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/e278d81ibdo4y57/1566-HLAZ-1538z012215CCSW.MP3 Â

Good strength Chinese female speech (and piano music) in and out at 1547
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dei2u43i5mq3w8m/1566-HLAZ-1547z012215CCSW.MP3 Â

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna + Sony ICD-SX57 MP3 recorder (robot mode)