From: Derek Vincent <eargazimm@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Jan 22, 2014 5:13 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 1-22

Great job on the recordings... Keep this up and I'll be moving back to Kent : )

Thanks

DerekVmedia@xxxxxxx

On Jan 22, 2014, at 10:38 AM, d1028gary@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Asian results here this morning seemed similar to Dennis' report, with a few
variations. Unlike recent mornings the low band had some audio from Asian
mainland TP's, and was at least as good as the high band here.

> My session started off at 1425, when both 594-JOAK and 603-HLSA already had
some fair audio in and out. 972-HLCA was also managing fair audio during this
early time, as well as 1593-CNR1 (the strongest high band Asian all morning).
The Korean big gun 972-HLCA rose up to a very good level around 1445 with pop
music, ending up as the strongest signal of the session (by far). During its
peak HLCA also had a TP co-channel (apparent deep-voiced male Chinese) at a weak
level to make things more interesting. Around 1520 sunrise enhancement started
to kick in, which didn't do very much for the high band  but did make the low
band moderately more interesting. 603 kHz ended up with a mix of HLSA and China
around 1540 (both at a fair level), and like Dennis reported, 648-VOR was in and
out with fair signals around this time also. The high band featured fair signals
from 1566-HLAZ and 1575-VOA and an occasional good signal from 1593-CNR1 during
sunrise enhancement, none of which sound!
 ed!
>  anything like their potent signals of the past few days. Overall the session
was fairly interesting, primarily because of the low and middle band activity
during the darkness hours.

> For a change this morning I was DXing with the C.Crane SWP 7.5" Slider model,
which is fairly unique among the hot-rodded Ultralights in having relatively
good audio for MP3 recordings (with its transplanted CFJ455K5 IF filter, the
same narrow filter as in the Eton E1 model that Colin uses). The drawback in
using the model (compared to the 7.5" loopstick Tecsun PL-380) is that the 7.5"
Slider loopstick coil must be peaked with each frequency change--- a hassle that
seems to increase according to the rarity of the TP being chased.

> 603  HLSA Namyang, S. Korea   Fair
>        Korean pop music at 1535 during
>        sunrise enhancement
>        http://www.mediafire.com/listen/lcp3471zwu5zf2g/603-HLSA-1535z012214SWP.MP3

> 603  China  (Hulun Buir?)   Fair Chinese
>        female speech at 1537
>        http://www.mediafire.com/listen/fvci3f8f72467bi/603-China-1537z012214SWP.MP3

> 972  HLCA  Namyang, S. Korea   Very
>       good Korean female pop music at