[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, November 28-December 4, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access: http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page28

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 1530, Nov 28 at 0153 UT, romantic music in Spanish, with WCKY easily avoided, but hard to get a direxional fix on this; surges to VG level at 0156 UT for ``Qué Buena`` plugging Navidad; 0200 UT music keeps playing thru hourtop vs ESPN from WCKY. 0203 UT apparent full ID but during fade, caught only Qué Buena again. Anyhow, it`s KXTD Wagoner (Tulsa), 5 kW daytimer again on way past sunset (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

================

** U S A. 880, Dec 4 at 1300 UT tune-in, VG signal with ID ``Thanks for listening to KHAC, The Voice of Hope``, and then nothing, almost as if signing off at this odd hour. Obviously still on ND day power from Tse Bonito NM. No sign of KLRG AR (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 960, Nov 30 at 0253 UT, in MW bandscan I try nulling local KGWA, and voilà, there`s another station I normally can`t hear even during Fox-holes: program is `CCM Magazine` pausing for ads, including 1-800-990-6976 to become debt-free; chia(?) seeds for Omega-3; 0255 UT back to the first of four Xmas editions of the CCM Radio Magazine, i.e. Christian, kid singing. Remains steadily audible as long as I keep KGWA tightly nulled, very little fading.

0300 UT quick ID sounds like KTCS, into SRN ``news``. Uplooked later, it has to be KCGS in Marshall AR, 5 kW daytime, 44 watts at night, non-direxional; yeah, right. Finally fades out (or powers down?) at 0305 UT as I strain to hear another ID after news. Marshall is in north-central Arkansas on US 65 between Little Rock and Branson. NRC AM Log lists as merely talk format. Wiki claims KCGS has southern gospel format, more like this. Own website kcgsam.com has expired. CCM is a Salem thing, standing for Christ, Community, Music: http://www.ccmmagazine.com/ But no KCGS found searching there. Another night, another cheating razorback: 25 hours earlier, it was 1530 KVDW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 970, Dec 2 at 0702 UT, WGTK ID for information, and promo for 94.7 FM and 900 AM, ``The Spirit`` --- must be sibling stations; NRC AM Log shows 900 is WFIA Louisville KY, religious, but no listing for 94.7 FM //. Nor is there any 94.7 in KY around Louisville; instead, WFIA-FM is licensed to New Albany IN across the Ohio. Nor does WTFDA FM Database mention that it`s also on 900 AM. Altho jointly promoted, I suppose that AM & FM could be separately programmed?

Anyhow, 970 WGTK itself is licensed to Louisville KY, né WAVE, 5/5 kW U4: major lobe at night goes broadly SSW, minor NNE, with notches to the NE and NW, so some signal our way to the WSW. FCC AM Query does not facilitate finding exact transmitter sites, but this
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WGTK&service=AM&status=L&hours=N
clearly shows 970 across the river in INDIANA too, like lots of ``Louisville`` stations. All of these are now owned by Salem, purveyor of various Christian-right formats. Soon followed by a KCFO Tulsa ID in passing on 970 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1160, Nov 28 at 0158 UT, in bandscan I pause here expecting it to be KSL vs KFAQ Tulsa IBOC noise, but ID right away as ``KVCE, Highland Park, Dallas-Fort-Worth`s business authority``. Not sure I`ve heard this one before; NRC Pattern Book shows 35 kW day lobe goes ESE, 1 kW night lobe goes SE. Previous reports in DXLD mention that it has two different sites day and night, the latter being near KSKY on a golf course.

It was late enough for KSL to be propagating, and at next check 0242 UT, I am only hearing KSL with sapphire jewelry ad from Shane.com (? Everyone in SLC must know how they spell Schön?), which is at State Street and 7200 South --- giveaway street grid pattern for SLC; Wave Ventilation Unit; Utah Symphony & Chorus will perform Beethoven`s Ninth at Abravanel Hall on Dec 5 and 6, so go to that instead of bingo night, ha ha. Prices start at $18 (which beats the going rate at the Enid Symphony Orchestra); call 811 before digging and you may save lives (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, Nov 29 at 0153 UT on caradio, string of ads with AC 501- phone numbers, mentioning Little Rock. Also may listen on Smartphone via tune-in to KVDW; ID as ``Z 100.9 and AM 1530``. Not sure about the Z. It`s obviously the station listed in NRC AM Log as KVDW, England AR, 2500 watts daytime non-direxional and no PSSA, // K265EO, 100.9, ``Victory 1530``, UC:GOS/REL format. England is just southeast of Little Rock. Another daytimer on late and thus DXable despite all the other cheaters and WCKY. I thought the translator might be in Little Rock itself, but FCC FM Query shows it too in England with 250 watts, and a CP MOD to put it in Stuttgart with only 50 watts --- that doesn`t make sense as Stuttgart is twice as far from Poca Roca than England is (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1620, Nov 30 at 0630 UT, KOZN, ``The Zone`` with KETV-7 weatherperson on what`s ``coming up Friday afternoon in Omaha``!! But this is Sunday morning already. O well, blame the automation. Or rather the human supposed to be in charge of it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---