[IRCA] Tanzania - 1377

While going through wav files from a recent DXpedition near Lubec, Maine I came across a weak voice under France on 1377 kHz just after 2100utc on Nov. 12.  I could not ID the language so asked a couple of experienced DX colleagues, Mauno Ritola and Vlad Titarev, for some help.  Mauno suggested the language might be Swahili and offered to ask a ham friend in Kenya if he could verify that.  The Kenyan ham has come back and verified the language as Swahili though he could only pick out a few words.

I have emails out to a BBC colleague at the monitoring office near Nairobi and to a former FSN employee of VOA's Nairobi monitoring office who now lives in the States for additional confirmation.

For now, I'm calling this a logging of Radio Free Africa, Mwanza, Tanzania:

http://realmonitor.com/qh5/141112/DKAZ/2100/tza-1377.wav