From: IRCA [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Gibson
Sent: Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:32 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Radio Disney

I think Disney wants to get out of the network business. Networks are a
headache. Programming KDIS alone will be far easier and much less expensive
than a network.

It paid way too much for some of the stations. A lot of money was spent on
broadbanding to make HD easier to configure and maintain. The high power
facilities are expensive to maintain. Not having to pay for HD licenses each
year will save a lot of money.

I think Spanish, religious (especially Catholic) and other ethnic group
owners will be interested in the stations. They have money to spend. Cumulus
and iHeart Media are both heavily leveraged and losing a lot of money.
Several Catholic groups are aggressively buying stations. Disney would
probably accept reasonable offers.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 4, 2014, at 4:16 PM, Mike Sanburn <mikesanburn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I was wondering with the new situation and almost all of the Radio Disney
stations being sold off, IF a new owner wanted to keep the R. Disney format
going on the station could he (or she) be allowed to do so????   Mike

>> From: mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx
>> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 14:44:21 -0700
>> Subject: [IRCA] Radio Disney
>>
>> In checking today (10/4), I see Radio Disney is still being run on both
1250 Seattle and 1640 Portland.