From: "Bruce Portzer" <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 8:07:19 PM
Subject: [IRCA] TP DX in Seattle on Sept 22

My reception today was very similar to what Gary and Dennis reported.
Several low end NHK stations had their best signals of the season, as
did the North Korean on 657. I also had a tantalizing carrier (possibly
from the KBS station) on 711 trying to break through the KIRO splash and
almost succeeding.

The upper part of the dial was less interesting, with most stations
putting in half-hearted appearances at best. Even 1566 was below normal.

GOOD - a native speaker would have understood most of it for at least a
minute or so
594 JOAK, man & woman conversing 1331
747 JOIB, English lesson peaking 1323, woman talking about American
Revolution //774
774 JOUB, English lesson quite strong today 1300-1330
972 HLCA, Korean man & woman 1342, not as strong as yesterday
1566 HLAZ, peaking for a couple of minutes 1317 with Japanese
woman. Otherwise mostly just fair-poor today

FAIR - a native speaker would have recognized words and sentence fragments
657 DPRK, angry Korean woman 1324
828 JOBB English lesson 1321
981 CNR1, man in Chinese 1340-43
1287 JOHR, phone conversation 1331

POOR - unintelligible
567 JOIK talk //594
693 JOAB, language lessons in CBU splatter 1316
819 DPRK 1326, woman singing in KGNW splatter
864 Talk, possibly Japanese, peaking 1324
945 bits of audio trying to make it past KJR splatter 1307, probably CNR1
1053 jammer 1324
1206 Yanbian PBS, 1333 traces of talk on 1205.95
1242 traces of music 1324
1332 talk 1327, sounded Japanese
1575 traces of talk 1340