Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] AM: No Static At All

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] AM: No Static At All

I remember seeing the movie "FM" that that song was written for, I loved it even though it was widely panned. It was about a fictional progressive radio station that went on strike because a conglomerate bought it and ruined it (in their eyes), coincidentally the station I had listened for years to at that time, WBCN Boston had the same thing happen to it in real life no where near as exciting although much closer to what was happening in real life to those types of stations around that time. The station was run with scabs for DJ's for about a month and they lost so many listeners that the company capitulated, it was a great station, one of the first progressive rock stations in the country, went on the air in 1968, story here if you're interested :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBCN_%28FM%29

Bob Young
Millbury, Ma