[IRCA] AM: No Static At All

A few days ago, The Los Angeles Daily News featured an article called "When AM Radio Created Their own Versions of Songs". Within the article, there was a reference to a version of the 1978 Steely Dan hit song, "FM (No Static at all) that was created for KHJ. They had refused to air the song because it seemed like a blatant endorsement of their competition. So, a special version was created with the new lyric, "A-M- No Static At All".

I knew instantly that I had to hear that! YouTube to the rescue. Here's a link to a song that only Medium Wave DX'ers could truly appreciate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LHbyNTfd3Y

You can also listen to a Podcast that contains several of these special versions of songs recorded for AM radio stations:
http://laradiowaves.com/audio/RadioWaves37.mp3

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Perseus SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector