From: "R. Colin Newell" <coffeecanuck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "IRCA" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 6:30:03 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Seek receiver repair help

I am in the process of "upsizing" from a large suite in a tower to an
actual house with a back yard
and a real work shop!

My passion for fixing radios may be reflashed when that happens this
summer. One never knows.
Keep me in the loop.

>From what you are telling me, your radio is essentially deaf now?
It is quite common for the 2010 to pop a FET in the front end but that
usually does not result in total deafness.
Scratchy audio is likely the product of anything from a dirty volume
potentiometer to some flaky or dying caps.

Keep me posted.

--
Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com - DXer.ca -
BobHarris.com |