Re: [IRCA] QRM from Lights

Phil,

I've been using CFLs since they first came out and overall Philips is the best bang for the buck I've found as far as low RFI and longevity. I have one that's 10+ years old and used daily and it's just now bebinning to dim a bit. They do tend to get noisier as they age but even the oldest of the bunch are still very RFI quiet. With the aquarium and plant lights going there are as many as 20 going at once with no interference. We also have 2 Philips LCD (not LED) TVs with no RFI problems.

The worst tend to be the no-name or store brand bulbs and "Made in China" is something to avoid (if possible).

Now if I could get my neighbors to upgrade their plasma TVs to LED...

Tim Hills
Sioux Falls, SD