[IRCA] GE 7-2500A Performance

I recently purchased a "gently used" GE 7-2500A AM/FM portable. I haven't completely taken it for a spin yet, but it seems to be a pretty good portable.

One oddity I noticed at first is that you have to pop off the whole back of the plastic case in order to install the 9V battery. No separate battery cover on this radio!

The tuning thumbwheel is big and easy to use. No struggling to tune stations like you have to do on the Sony SRF-59, but I'm probably comparing apples to oranes here.

The earphone jack is located on the back of the radio, which, to me, is the worst place for it to be. You can't lay the radio flat when using headphones/earbuds. Also, the earphone output is mono, so you have to use an adapter plug, which adds to the problem of laying the radio flat.

Does anybody have information on this radio like sensitivity, selectivity, when this model came out, etc.? The date code on the inside of the back cover is "4923." The label has the numbers "213A1947" and "REV. O" on it.

Thanks & 73,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX