[IRCA] Fwd: [mwcircle] Bird Migration affected by LF & ME radio signals

[IRCA] Fwd: [mwcircle] Bird Migration affected by LF & ME radio signals

from MW Circle....the interesting thing is that this turned out to be very much a local problem, as moving the test site one kilometer allowed the birds to re-orient themselves. So, local electrical noise?

I've often thought that the way to defeat electro-smog is to make it an environmental issue...the possibilities are endless. Imagine putting the attack dogs of Greenpeace etc. onto the DXer's problem of local electrical noise, which surely can be construed as causing health problems. (after all, a good blast of local noise covering the latest DX can be shown to raise the blood pressure, but what of those long term effects of RF exposure, hi.)

best wishes,

Nick

The electronic and AM radio signals have a surprising effect on migratory birds, since they can become disorientated them. According to research published in the <http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=es&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nature.com%2Fnature%2Fjournal%2Fvaop%2Fncurrent%2Ffull%2Fnature13290.html>journal Nature, these devices disrupt the activity of the internal compasses of birds night, indispensable to direct your flight. The study raises the possibility that cities, full of this electromagnetic "noise" created by human beings, have significant effects on bird migration patterns.

Many nocturnal songbirds rely on the weak magnetic field of the Earth to navigate, but until now, there was little evidence of the electromagnetic radiation created by human beings to affect the sensory system of these animals.
<http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=es&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.es%2Fciencia%2F20140508%2Fabci-dispositivos-electronicos-radio-desorientan-201405081339.html>
Los dispositivos electrónicos y la radio AM desorientan a las a

The biologist Henrik Mouritsen and his team have shown signals of AM radio and electronic equipment to disrupt the internal compass of European Robins (Erithacus rubecula). In the experiment, conducted at the University of Oldenburg, a German city of 160,000 people, they kept the birds in wooden cabins, a standard procedure that allows researchers to study the magnetic navigation while they ensure that birds are not receiving signals from the Sun or the stars. But they found that birds could not be oriented in the correct migratory direction.

So Mouritse decided to cover the huts with aluminum panels electromagnetic noise at frequencies ranging from 50 kHz 5 megahertz, which includes the range used for AM radio transmissions. Under these conditions, the birds were Yes able to orient themselves.

Before sharing their results, the team spent seven years performing double-blind tests replicated independently by different generations of students. «We wanted to make sure that we could actually document what we were seeing was real,» says Mouritsen Nature.

The results are that human activity and life in the cities could be modifying in any way the migration of birds and, therefore, their survival.

More here: <http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/182077-new-research-confirms-that-our-electronics-and-radio-waves-disrupt-migratory-birds?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fextremetech+%28Extremetech%29>http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/182077-new-research-confirms-that-our-electronics-and-radio-waves-disrupt-migratory-birds?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fextremetech+%28Extremetech%29