[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, May 2-8, 2014

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, May 2-8, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes  utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page22

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** CUBA. 1010, May 4 at 0558 UT, amid QRM I hear the ``RR`` Morse code ID of Radio Reloj; but WRTH 2014 shows no Cuban on this frequency! Nearest is 1020, 10 kW in Victoria de las Tunas; don`t think this was bleedover to next channel. How about R. Reloj`s own frequency list?
http://www.radioreloj.cu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39:cadenas-de-trasmision-de-radio-reloj-por-am&catid=12:programacion-de-la-emisora-radio-reloj&Itemid=138
indeed shows Tunas on 1010, not 1020, with 5 kW (was the town named for a fishing tournament or a musical competition? Ask Ernest) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 960, May 2 at 0501 UT during another KGWA Enid Fox-hole of dead air, with its hummy carrier nulled as much as possible, again the Mexican NA is what`s audible, 0502 ID as ``XEK, la Estación Grande de Nuevo Laredo, desde 1937, 5 mil watts de potencia`` and into other music. No XEW chimes heard this time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 960, May 3 at 0501 UT,  for the third time this week, previously April 28 and May 2, XEK, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, is the inhabitant of KGWA`s Fox-hole of dead air: ID mentions it started on ``17 de mayo de 1937, en el 960 de su radio, con 5 mil watts``; choral NA but very short, only about a minute without the multiverses, then playing same ID announcement again, 0502 on to music. May we expect something special on May 17, 2014? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1010, May 3 at 0217 UT, from SSW, talk about the Familia García, mentions Coahuila and a .7 FM; seems to be religious-tinged advice show, 0219 romantic or devotional song, 0223 fading. Per Cantú there are two in Coahuila, but XEVK fits better:
1010 XEKD K De Oro               Cd. Acuña, Coah. 500   250
1010 XEVK Tu Recuerdo + FM 106.7 Torreón, Coah. 5,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1060, May 2 at 0503 UT, XEEP México DF manages to dominate despite night power reduced from 100 kW to 20, and helped by banning of other XEs from this frequency, a `clear channel` down there if not north of the border --- as they are mentioning XEPPM, 6185 onda corta, which tho unchecked, should be closing down about now after separate programming during the evening (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 6185, May 5 at 0523, poor signal with drumming and fluting, sounds native-American, so XEPPM is on later than usual 0500* not only with carrier but undermodulation too. Worst QRM is from second-adjacent supersig of WHRI 6175 with Vietnam relay splattering; Brasil 6180 betwixt quite insignificant now.

At 0532, WHRI is off, so RNA gets to ACI Radio Educación all by itself, and XEPPM is still on with ID for 1060 running 100,000 watts of potency, webcast, no mention of SW now, but of significant date 5 de mayo; and I can barely make a // on 1060 which is supposed to be only 20,000 watts at night, vs dominant presumed WLNO New Orleans, if not KIJN Farwell (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 6185, May 6 at 0542, XEPPM is off, unlike last night. I guess it`s just a matter of when they get around to turning off the SW transmitter, mañana (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---