[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 25-May 1, 2014

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 25-May 1, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes  utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page22

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

Last week my single post showed up more than once on some lists. I don`t know why, and I am not doing it!

** MEXICO. 960, April 28 at 0502 UT, during KGWA Fox-hole of dead air, with its hummy carrier nulled, the dominant inhabitant tonight is XEK, as I immediately hear the `XEW` chimes that XEK plays as IS, 4 notes downward, probably C-G-E-C, tho my pitch is imperfect and don`t have the keyboard handy to match them. Then NA in choral version; 0504 UT full ID as XEK, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, ``desde 1937``, and then playing ``Cielito Lindo``, another kind of anthem, while KGWA blasts back on with modulation at 0505 UT. Confirmed here it was founded on 17 May 1937: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/XEK-AM (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1320, April 26 at 0515 UT, dominant signal roughly from the south is Mexican music; automated IDs between every song, 101.7 FM and something on AM, with a variety of slogans mostly uncopiable by super-hype voice actor (SHVA) except always ending with primary one, ``La Poderosa``; 0522 the song is in English, ``Stand By Me``; 0531 a fuller ID mentions Coahuila, and Piedras Negras. Of course, I figured it would be XECPN, but don`t you believe it`s on night power of 100 watts, as in IRCA, WRTH and also Cantú:
1320 XECPN La Poderosa + FM 101.7 Piedras Negras, Coah. 10,000 100
IRCA disagrees on day power, of 20,000 watts. Could be. Can hardly claim the ``powerful`` slogan without cheating at night! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---