[IRCA] High Performance Car Antenna for MW DX

[IRCA] High Performance Car Antenna for MW DX

Several folks have written to see if I had any luck tracking down a replacement antenna for my Dodge Ram that might improve performance on the AM Band. Like a lot of DX'ers, I spent a fair amount of time commuting--so many of my new catches are actually made in the truck. I wanted an antenna to enhance the already good performance of my radio, especially on the lower part of the band.

A couple of helpful DX'ers pointed me to the Godar DXR-1000C antenna which claims to provide improved reception on both AM-FM-and even SW bands. Shortwave in car radios is very popular in Europe, though almost unheard of in the US.

A link to the antenna is shown below.

http://www.godarusa.com/id83.html

My order hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, I'll try it out and then post a mini-review on the various AM lists. I am curious if other DX'ers have tried this product in the past, and what kind of results were obtained.

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Perseus SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector