Re: [IRCA] Of AM Translators and LPFM Stations

Re: [IRCA] Of AM Translators and LPFM Stations

I don't see what they are fixing by adding LPFM stations. The AM band will remain the same. The addition of a LPFM station will keep more AM stations on the air that would go out of business. You're right Les, the FM band will suffer. I think the fix for AM is to increase powers to overcome noise, get rid of IBOC and figure out a way to reduce the number of stations. Stations will need to have programming that attracts listeners and make it available on the Internet and Phones. Eventually Internet and Phones will dominate and they can turn off their AM station. Remember, a radio station is in business to make money by advertising during programming that has an audience. AM radio is one of the ways to deliver their programming and it might not be their best long term mode of delivery.

I'm with my grandkids and my grandson just asked me if I brought my radio. He pointed to his Tablet and said this is what we use for entertainment now.

Martin