[IRCA] Oklahoma ULR DX 4/1/14

Considering there isn't much chance of hearing a
trans-Pacific medium wave signal
here this time of year, I still listened this
morning.  I heard barely audible
fragments of the broadcast from 774 JOUB between 1140
and 1159 GMT (LSR at 1216).
There were no signals on 567, 594, 693, 747 or 972.
My receiver was a modified
PL-310 with a 7.5-inch ferrite loop antenna.

>From now until late August it is unlikely TP MW
signals will propagate this far inland.

After listening for TP's, I listened for DX signals
from North America.  The best
DX signal was from XETAR, Guachochi, Chihuahua, on
870 kHz. I was heard signing on
at 1300 GMT with the Mexican national anthem and
subsequent announcement.  From
1309 there was QRM from Vietnamese language KFJZ, Ft.
Worth TX.  I listened on my
PL-606 until 1310.

Also, KHAC, Tse Bonito NM, on 880 kHz, with Christian
programming in a native American
language, was heard at 1245 on a Sony TRF-T615.

I hope you had a good DX session overnight.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.