[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle on March 7

This is more like it! Today was possibly my best morning of 2014 for TPs. Conditions were like what I would expect in mid September, with many stations producing audio, even though some were quite weak. Many intriguing carriers showed up as well. I can now hear a carrier on 1458 now that KARR-1460 is gone, but no audio yet.

The SDR files revealed TP signals throughout the time I recorded 1150-1455, with the Korean on 9 still there when the recording ended. VOA-1575 was impressive today, and a few others had their moments. Oddly enough, HLAZ-1566 was at subpar levels today for some reason.

Good - a native speaker would have understood most of it, at least briefly
594    JOAK, man & woman 1357, time pips 1400 then man possibly with news
774    JOUB Chinese lesson 1332
972 HLCA, 2 men in Korean 1243, fair at various other times, still there with Korean talk 1453 1575 VOA, 11424 very nice with news pgm in Cambodian, mentions of Vietnam and Crimea, 1428 close by woman mentioning voacambodia.com, theme mx, 1429 English ID, 1430 another English ID, Yankee Doodle and start of Burmese pgm

Fair - a native speaker would have recognized a few words
693    JOAB, JJ talk 1359, then time pips at ToH
747    JOUB, Chinese lesson // 774 1350
819    DPRK, angry Korean woman in KGNW-820 splatter 1336
1503    JOUK, Japanese male surfaced briefly a few times 1420-22
1566    HLAZ,Chinese male 1415

Poor -ranging from one notch above imaginary to one notch below understandable
567    weak male talk, sounded Japanese 1328
648    faint talk too weak to ID language 1430
729 JOCK? weak talk sounded more like JJ than CC 1350, 594 too weak to //
738    Bits of talk 1342
756 Good carrier, very light modulation 1406, bits of talk, maybe Chinese but too weak to say for sure
828    JOBB, 1337 faint talk //774
963    talk, possibly in Russian 1426
981    traces of CC-like talk 1446
1044    very faint talk 1226
1053    Korean jammer 1355
1557    woman talking in heavy domestic splat 1414
1593    CNR1, a few syllables of Chinese male talk in KLFE splatter 1425

Carriers 657 837 846 936 945 954 1017 1035 1134 1323 1332 1377 1386 1422 1458