Re: [IRCA] SHORT VERTICALS

What is the inductance of the 200 ohm winding Mark?

My guess is that there's nothing a short vertical (which has a capacitive impedance) likes better than a little matching inductance; it's like a loading coil. You might find that your improved sensitivity actually has a bit of a peak at a certain range of frequencies, perhaps damped by your receiver's 50 ohm impedance. Maybe see how well some of the higher ratio matching transformers do at LW beacon frequencies in comparison?

Next step, built a tapped matching transformer, and use your transformer as an antenna tuner perhaps?

best wishes,

Nick