Re: [IRCA] Was Gray Line Software-- Now SSS DX

Re: [IRCA] Was Gray Line Software-- Now SSS DX

Jim,

The NRC does still make those reprints available. I've been studying them for the past few days. I was hoping that someone had basically created a software version of those NRC Maps. Even better would be one that would download the FCC license data, and map the stations on the globe. Click on a station, and the software would tell you what time it was supposed to shift to day/night power today. Wishful thinking I suppose.

I wonder if Neil would be willing to scan one of his custom target maps and send it to me?

Follow up question. You mention that "before January 1st" and "after January 1st". But when is the "flip date" for that rule? Right now, it's March 1st---so according to your advice, the beginning of the month is best for catching new stations. But what if it was August 1st?

Most of the reprinted articles and web stuff I can find reference "the good ole days" before stations operated as they do today. All of them mention sign-offs and sign-ons, etc. Remember those? Me too, but trying to make sense of the history lesson only adds to my confusion.

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Perseus SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector