 Subject: [NRC-AM] Gray Line Software
 To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "am@xxxxxxxxxxx" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thursday, February 27, 2014, 5:27 PM

 My recent return to serious AM DXing has only proven that I
 still have a
 lot to learn.

 For instance, I spent the past day reading detailed reprints
 from the
 NRC and IRCA publications involving Local Sunrise and Sunset
 DXing,
 including a review of maps and calculations. Complicating
 the issue are
 FCC rules changes which have changed the types of stations
 and their
 authorizations.

 At the moment, I'm looking for software or a web based
 application that
 would provide the following information without having to do
 a lot of
 manual calculations:

 1.) Gray line map showing also the tilt of the earth between
 solstice
 and equinox. In other words, a map that provides a real time
 view of the
 earth as it really is today. Not a simplistic representation
 that does
 not change with the seasons.

 2.) The ability to select any two points on earth and see if
 they are in
 darkness or light.

 3.) Domestically, I'd like a map that shows which areas are
 operating
 under sunrise or sunset authorizations. In other words, one
 that will do
 the calculations for me.

 Does such a tool exist?

 --
 73,

 Les Rayburn, N1LF
 Maylene, AL
 EM63

 Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
 Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

 Perseus SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop,
 LF
 Engineering Active Whips,
 Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector

 Antenna Pattern Book Now Shipping
 AM Radio Log is now shipping!
 FM Atlas 21st Edition Close Out Prices!
 Details at http://www.nrcdxas.org