[IRCA] Two of Three unIDs resolved

Barry McLarnon in ON suggests my 910 with two IDs, the second in
particular sounding like WIMC and part of a disclaimer for the paid
programming that follows, is WBZU Scranton PA. The call mentioned is
co-owned WILK. He's spot on - I can hear that fairly distinctly. It's
common here.

Barry says my 1450 where calls sound like WAGA
mid-way though this brief clip, sound like WJPA (Washington PA) to him,
though he can't make any sense of something sounding like Schofield
right after the calls. Neither can I, but the calls are clear enough and
 it's previously heard here.

Re the 1390 oldies unID, with
“Playing the greatest hits of all time” and something sounding like
"Greatest Hits 94.1" or 95.1 or something akin to that. Barry says he
can't find any definite ID but guesses WEOK. Tom Tomljanovich in IL suggests KRRZ ND as a possibility, saying they have a good signal almost every night in northern Illinois, and it IDs as Oldies Radio. In fact, I had WCAT with Cruisin' 93.7 ID and oldies a little later. So all three, plus KRFO in MN, were under consideration. I was actually chasing KRFO, which is in my "Heard by others close to me" target list, at the time. I'm now considering the possibility that what sounds like POINT ONE is actually the word ONE in another context. And I'll keep an ear out for KRRZ and KRFO when I go back to Burnt River for another round of DX torture later this month.

Thanks to Scott Fybush and Paul Walker, also, for observations.

So it's case closed on 910 and 1450, and will keep the books open on 1390 for now.

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON