[IRCA] WCCM 1110 NH and WAPA Puerto Rico

[IRCA] WCCM 1110 NH and WAPA Puerto Rico

I've been getting repeated mentions of Puerto Rico on 1110 between 0600-0800 EST and have been trying to get to the bottom of it for awhile. Got some decent audio clips Jan 26 and - with thanks to Jon Hamilton - have IDed it as WCCM NH Salem. Their web site program schedule begins at 0800.

Jon translated some of my clips as follows in the logging details below, but I'm posting the clips as well so you can hear what the program sounds like. I could see a distant, non-Spanish-speaking listener (like me) easily mistaking it for Puerto Rico itself, and there is a station there on 1110.

What's intriguing is there are a few mentions of "Wapa" as well as "Puerto Rico" – perhaps the program is relaying WAPA 680 or paying tribute to it, or something of the sort.

The logging:

1110 WCCM NH Salem – 0700 – “Los miembros de Así Canta Puerto Rico mandan un saludo muy especial para todos Ustedes que escuchan a través de la Internet por la 1110wccmam.com” at 0001. Moments later says “el programa más cultural de toda Nueva Inglaterra, Así Canta Puerto Rico.”

The clips are posted at:

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?8700

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON