Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Sunset Skip (SSS) Top Ten Targets-Good Western Conditions

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Sunset Skip (SSS) Top Ten Targets-Good Western Conditions

Barry,

Just the sort of information that I was hoping for. From time to time, I've seen lists compiled along the lines of "Hear all 50 States on AM". Searching the web, I find one from the 1980's, another from 2003, but nothing more recent than that.

Seems that I recall a similar article published in Popular Communications as recently as 2009-2010?? I remember that I really like the PopComm article because it didn't just like the stations, but also provided tips of a basic strategy for logging it. It might mention to look for a given station just after sunrise in the East, it also went into details on pests that were on those channels and "work-arounds" for those. All good stuff.

If anyone has that article, I'd love to get a scan. Also sounds like good fodder for a DXN, Spectrum Monitor, etc. article for anyone with ambition.

Anyone have suggestions for the best chance to log the state of Idaho?

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector