Re: [IRCA] OT Light bulbs

I will tell you LED based lamps are NOT noise free. it was noisy on AM right close to the radio, but obliterated FM. The lamps sits very close to the FM antenna atop the radio.  The Sylvania CFL was much quieter.

All I can say about this thread. Quit the @#$@#$ whining.  You CAN get and use halogen lamps.  They are nothing more than encapsulated incandescent run at a much higher temperature.  LED  lamps would be quieter if they filtered the power supply correctly.  Same for CFL.  I use magnetic fluorescent lamps whenever possible and have no problems.

Powell