Re: [IRCA] OT Light bulbs

Two things about non-incandescent light sources.

They are ALL noisy. Granted, some are less than others but they all emit RF noise to some extent.
The process is additive. One might be pretty quiet. A household full of them is not.
Also, these sources fade. Traditional light bulbs work or they don't.
LEDs might last a very long time, but they do go dull.

Incandescent lovers have good options.
3-way light bulbs are not covered by the act.
'Special purpose' lamps are not covered, either.
These would be 'party lamps' that are colored, funny shaped ones for decorative use and a bunch of others.
Also, strangely enough, 150 and 200 watt light bulbs are still legal.
Pat, I have also hoarded a ton of them.
My college degree is in theatre lighting.
I can't stand the color temperature of these new-fangled devices.
Every one of them is red deficient and really hard on the eyes compared to warm tungsten.

Take a look at the article on these lamps in my latest ham radio newsletter:
http://home.computer.net/~pcara/docs/pcud0114.pdf
My buddy, Malcolm Pritchard, is a wizard and wrote a fine article on these lamps.

Happy New Year to all the IRCAns!
Peace be with you all!

Karl Zuk  N2KZ