Re: [IRCA] Timed Recordings using the SDR-IQ Receiver

Re: [IRCA] Timed Recordings using the SDR-IQ Receiver

Les,

Here are copies of the two types of sheets I use to keep track of my SDR
reviews:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4cxmph92ittrooz/sv4TMO8vsN

If you have any problems with the link let me know. There are Excel
versions that I used to design the forms, and PDF files that are easier to
print.

For the TOH reviews, I print out a bunch of blank pages as 2 sided sheets
(page 1 and page 2) and put them into a 3-ring binder. As I use them, I
record the date and other details (A/K index, antenna, etc.) at the top of
the page, then cross off the frequencies as I review each one in the file.
If I find a "hot" recording I'll draw a circle around the hour and make a
note like "check this one" to remind me to come back to it later. I usually
have a single binder for each DX season.

For the continuous reviews, I generally make up a packet of all 12 pages
(six pages covering 0000-2359 UTC for the domestic 10 kHz channels, and the
other six pages for the 9 kHz frequencies) for a single day and staple them
together. Then as I go through the files I will tick off the 5-minute
intervals as I review them. I often use these pages when I record an entire
night at a DXpedition. When you look at these pages you realize the
enormous amount of recording you can do in a single night!

Anyone is welcome to use these and (hopefully) improve on the method.
Please post your changes back here so we can see them,

Brett

--
N3EVB-State College PA USA
Drake R8//Icom R75//Tentec RX320//Perseus SDR//Eton E1/E5/E10/E100