Re: [IRCA] TECH: [ Mini-KAZ ]

Hi Patrick,

A similar discussion was going on over on the Medium Wave Circle List, and here's my experience of "larger" vs. "smaller" as reported there:

Even if you feel you don't have much of a local electrical noise problem, I speculate, from my own experience, that pickup of noise on the feedline may be enough to raise the noise floor subtly to cover up the weaker DX when using an antenna with lower output. For several years, I preferred a large corner fed loop to my standard sized Flag because it could dig out the overseas DX better with its superior signal strength output, even though it didn't have as good a null or was as quiet. But after I started using the FLG100 on the Flag, it easily matched the corner fed in signal readability on overseas signals. (and using the FLG100 on the corner fed just made everything louder).

(a bonus is that the Flag is now pretty good on longwave too) The usual "your mileage may vary"....

best wishes,

Nick