[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle on Dec 7

Today I recorded the band from 1250 to 1534. I'd planned to record longer but my hard drive ran out of space. As luck would have it, a high band enhancement started just after 1525, so I was only able to catch the first few minute of the fun. Things were quite mediocre up until that point, when 1566 and 1575 faded up to nice levels, and a few others rose up out of the noise. 1413 and 1494 had weak audio, and several frequencies had "near audio" carriers: 1179 1377 1386 1404 1422 1521 1548 and 1584 in particular. Unfortunately, the enhancement didn't seem to reach the lower half of the dial, which was just plain awful TP-wise.

Good - Mostly understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly
1566 HLAZ, lousy signal until 1408 when it faded up to fair level w/usual CC talk and occasional music. Signal took a dive after 1430, but then resurged in a big way 1520, and was still going strong when the recording ended 1534 1575 VOA, 1530 ID "Welcome to the Voice of America in Burmese", then M&W in Burmese. Mediocre signal before 1530 but rose up to nice level 1531.

Fair - partially understandable
850    KICY, legal ID u/KHHO 1400
890 KBBI, ID 1459 u/CJDC, music fill, then BBC Special Report from South Africa 1500 1557 I'm assuming Taiwan, weak with pop music & time pips 1500, brief CC-like talk, more pop music in & out for next half hour. Chinese woman peaking at reasonably OK level 1529-1532, the back to pop music 1593 CNR1, man in Chinese 1531, would have been in the good category if not for KLFE-1590 splatter.

Poor - bits of stuff in the noise and splatter
747    JOIB traces of talk 1317
774    JOUB extremely faint pips 1300
972    KBS weak talk 1414, music 1417
1413 Bits of talk 1254. Slightly better 1530 w/talk possibly in CC, but hard to say for sure 1494 Unid talk 1530-1534+, deep voiced man and sometimes woman, too weak to ID language
1602    NHK time pips 1500, JJ-like talk fading up 1530-1533

Bruce in Seattle
Winradio Excalibur
K9AY antenna