[IRCA] Ultra-Light DX (2013 Information)

[IRCA] Ultra-Light DX (2013 Information)

I'm interested in hearing a brief summary from those DX'ers most active in ultralight DXing on the AM band of the top performing models available as of late 2013. I'm not particularly interested in the performance of ultralights that have been modified or married to large external antennas. Rather, I'm interested in comparisons on "stock" models that could be easily transported. I'm not likely to give up the tools that I use in my home shack, but would love to improve on the tools I'm using for travel situations.

Right now, I'm "packing" a SONY SRF-T615 ultra-light, which seems to be a good performer, but I'd love to upgrade if there is something better out there. My primary interest is in domestic DXing, not TA's or TP's.

--
--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light