Re: [IRCA] Wifi Router (OT)

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I went and looked at several of the newer Grace models like the 2600 and I have found quite a few complaints, like many will not connect to a persons wifi network or the sensitivity of the Grace receiver is not good enough to pick up the wifi signal a few feet away and the signal level will vary all over the place. Also the issue with the streaming is sometimes poor with constant buffering. I did find a Logitech Squeezebox unit that got high ratings, but it did not state if it used to Receiva website. The Logitech also has the ethernet connect, if I wanted to use it.  Have you had any trouble with your 1000? Maybe some units are better than others. Several other people have highly suggested the Grace radios.
  I often will listen to the radio when I go to bed.  The super radio works well, but the signal fades and I am very happy with internet radio and like you, having a radio to listen is more to my liking than the laptop. I have ordered the D Link router and I should have that in a few days.  Thanks again.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager