Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:26 PM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Short antenna radials

KFI's original tower was there before the industrial complex was built. The new tower was built at the same place as the old and uses the same ground radials.

KFBK and the KSTP day site both use Franklin antennas, the only two in the country. A Franklin antenna consists of two 180 degree electrical height (one half wavelength) antennas separated by an insulator, stacked vertically and fed at the center. The top half radiates and the bottom half is the ground. There are no ground radials.