[IRCA] Alberta TP/DU for 6 Oct 2013

It was very interesting to read about the big TP rebound on the coast today, but such was not the case here. Actually, when I first began, and found a decent carrier on 774, I thought the TPs were coming back. As it turned out that carrier, and any others worth mentioning (with the sole exception of VOA Thailand), were of the DU variety. Quite a number of them, but little in the way of audio. 702, 774 and 855 had faint traces of audio, Tahiti on 738 had some weak audio for a while, and ABC Adelaide on 891 was the best of the bunch with the fanfare and ABC news at 1330. As mentioned VOA on 1575 was the exception to the rule, showing up with fair audio around 1325. I've noticed before it often returns before the other TPs at this QTH, so hopefully it's a sign of better things tomorrow.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta